Though not as common as the arm lift, a thigh lift is similar to its upper extremity counterpart in terms of addressing extra tissue and hanging skin. Just as in the upper arm, the thighs can be extremely resistant to improvements with diet and exercise. Patients who experience dramatic weight loss are a particular group of patients who often find themselves with difficult-to-address areas of excess skin on the inner thighs. The common denominator in patients displeased with the appearance of their arms due to excess skin and/or fat. For many patients, thigh lift surgery is the best option.
Who Is A Candidate
- A Healthy, Non-smoking (>1 month) Patient with stable weight over a period of at least 6 months
- A Patient displeased with excess skin and/or fat in the thighs (frequesntly massive weight loss patients)
The procedure is performed on patients under IV/conscious sedation or general anesthesia. Depending on the patient’s anatomy, improvements to thighs can be made with either direct surgical excision or liposuction alone:
IN CASES OF EXCESS SKIN, AN INCISION IS TYPICALLY MADE ON THE INSIDE OF THE THIGH OR NEAR THE GROIN CREASE BASED ON THE SPECIFIC GOALS OF SURGERY.
IN CASES WHERE LIPOSUCTION ALONE CAN ADDRESS THE PATIENT’S CONCERNS, SMALLER INCISIONS YIELD NEARLY IMPERCEPTIBLE SCARS.
- Outpatient surgery.
- Results are immediate in cases of direct excision; if liposuction alone is used it may take up to 3 months for results to fully appear.
- Pain will vary. Oral pain medicine may be needed for 4 to 7 days.
- A compression garment will be placed at the time of surgery and should be worn for at least 4 weeks.
- Drains, if placed, will be removed in 1 week.
- All sutures are dissolvable.
- There are no restrictions on daily activity; patients are encouraged to walk immediately Patients may shower 2 days after surgery. Moderate exercise is permitted at 2 weeks; no strenuous activity or heavy lifting for 6 weeks. May drive when no longer requiring narcotic pain medication.
- The time off work will be up to 1 week depending on job demands.
- You will be seen in office following surgery at 1 week, 2 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months, and 6 months as needed.
before and after The journey to transformation starts with honoring change
Our clients are our number one priority. Galanis Plastic Surgery treats each client with precision, delicacy, consideration, and compassion. That is why our transformations are transcending. Welcome to the Galanis Glow-Up.