Aging skin, pregnancy, significant weight fluctuation, sun damage, and other factors may contribute to sagging of the abdomen, buttocks, groin, and thighs. When the resulting sagging skin extends all the way around the body, patients may experience skin irritation as well as difficulty fitting into their favorite clothes. The body lift is intended to address this problem of sagging skin. Whereas an abdominoplasty or “tummy tuck” addresses the stomach, the body lift simultaneously addresses excess skin on both the stomach and the back.
Who Is A Candidate
- A Healthy, Non-smoking (>1 month) Patient with a stable weight for 3-6 months.
- A Patient displeased with sagging skin around the abdomen, hips.flanks, and back (most commonly massive weight loss patients).
The procedure is performed under general anesthesia and can be thought of as an extension of a tummy tuck in that it is extended to the back. The technique includes:
INCISION MADE BELOW THE BIKINI LINE IN THE LOWER ABDOMEN EXTENDING AROUND TO THE BACK TYPICALLY IN A FULL CIRCLE
REMOVAL OF EXCESS SKIN AND FAT
TIGHTENING OF THE ABDOMINAL MUSCLES IF INDICATED.
INCISION AROUND THE NAVEL TO ASSIST TIGHTENING SKIN OF THE UPPER STOMACH AREA
LIPOSUCTION WHICH MAY ALSO BE DONE SIMULTANEOUSLY TO ADDRESS AREAS OF FAT DEPOSITS
PLACEMENT OF A PAIN PUMP OR INJECTION OF A LONG ACTING PAIN RELIEVER FOR POSTOPERATIVE PAIN CONTROL
- Outpatient surgery.
- Results are immediate.
- Pain will vary. Oral pain medicine may be needed for 7 to 10 days.
- A compression garment/abdominal binder will be placed at the time of surgery and should be worn for at least 4 weeks.
- Drains are typically removed within 1 to 2 weeks.
- All sutures are dissolvable.
- There are no restrictions on daily activity; patients are encouraged to walk. Patients may shower 2 days after surgery. No lifting more than 10 pounds for 2 weeks and patient may drive when narcotic pain medication is necessary. No strenuous activity or heavy lifting for 6 weeks.
- Expect to take 1 to 2 weeks off of work depending on job demands.
- You will be seen in office following surgery at 1 week, 2 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months, and after as needed.
before and after The journey to transformation starts with honoring change
Our clients are our number one priority. Galanis Plastic Surgery treats each client with precision, delicacy, consideration, and compassion. That is why our transformations are transcending. Welcome to the Galanis Glow-Up.