WHICH INJECTABLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
Signs of aging are usually most evident on the face. Growing older often correlates with a loss of skin elasticity and facial volume, which leads to fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin, making you look older than you are. The good news is that there are treatment options available to help you firm, tone, and refresh the look of your skin without surgery. With an injectable treatment, not only can you avoid a surgical procedure, but each option can also be performed in the office and with no downtime. Charles Galanis, M.D. offers multiple options for injectables, each designed to target the specific conditions you wish to treat.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a non-invasive procedure designed to reduce the fine lines and wrinkles on your face. It is made of a purified botulinum toxin and works by relaxing the muscles under your wrinkles. Because the muscle movement is limited, wrinkles disappear. BOTOX® Cosmetic can last anywhere from three to six months.
JUVÉDERM® is a dermal filler that not only reduces lines and wrinkles but can also add volume to your cheeks and lips. It’s made of hyaluronic acid, which is naturally produced in your body and aids in maintaining your skin’s hydration, a key factor in your skin’s health. JUVÉDERM® is available in different forms:
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC is used for augmenting the lips. Your results can last between three to six months.
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC works to reduce severe facial wrinkles. It can also be used with your lips. The treatment results can last three to six months.
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC removes lip lines. This, too, can be used in your lips and also to address circles under your eyes. Results from this treatment can last up to one year.
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC can also be used to address severe wrinkles. It can last up to 18 months.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC adds volume back to your cheeks. However, it can also be used to remove lines and wrinkles, as well. This treatment can last up to two years.
KYBELLA® works to remove fat pockets that develop beneath your chin. Excess fat under the chin (called submental fullness) can be caused by multiple factors and can be resistant to regular exercise. Made of synthetic deoxycholic acid, KYBELLA® works in the same way as the deoxycholic acid naturally occurring in your body. It breaks down fat cells to be reabsorbed into your body; this process not only removes the fat cells from your chin but makes sure they will not return. The treatment can be repeated and will last permanently, barring any extreme changes in weight.
Like JUVÉDERM®, Restylane® is also made of hyaluronic acid and also comes in multiple forms:
- Restylane® Silk is used for augmenting your lips and removing wrinkles around the lips.
- Restylane® Lyft™ works to correct severe facial wrinkles and nasolabial folds (smile lines). It can also restore lost facial volume.
Sculptra® Aesthetic works by stimulating your body’s collagen production. This protein is vital to the health of your skin. Collagen maintains your skin’s elasticity, which also prevents wrinkles and lines from developing. When collagen production decreases, the appearance of lines and wrinkles increases. This treatment requires multiple sessions but can last up to two years (based on clinical studies).
As you can see, there are multiple options available to you. In consultation with Charles Galanis, M.D., you will determine what your ultimate treatment goals are, and he will help you decide which injectable is right for you.
If you wish to see if injectables are right for you, please contact usto set up a consultation. You may also call our Beverly Hills office at 310-858-8930 or our Chicago office at 844-GALANIS (844-425-2647) today.