Rhinoplasty, or nose reshaping surgery, is the second most common cosmetic surgery procedure behind breast augmentation. Some patients have been unhappy with the shape or size of their noses since their youth. Others present with abnormalities that resulted from trauma. Addressing certain features of the nose (excessive “hump,” wide nose, flaring nostrils, etc.) can have dramatic effects on a patient’s self-esteem and confidence.
Who Is A Candidate
- A healthy patient who is displeased with the size or shape of their nose may be a candidate for rhinoplasty.
The procedure can be performed entirely through incisions on the inside of the nose in the “closed” technique. In cases where more extensive reshaping is needed, an additional incision across the base of the nose (the skin between the nostrils) may be made. The procedure is performed under general anesthesia.
- Outpatient surgery
- Results are immediate though in some cases it takes several months for the skin to fully contract down to its new shape.
- Pain will vary. Oral pain medicine may be needed for up to 7 days.
- There will be an external taping and an external splint for 1 week.
- Drains are rarely placed and if they are they are typically removed in one week.
- Sutures will be removed at 5 to 7 days.
- There are no restrictions on daily activity; patients are encouraged to walk. Patients may shower 2 days after surgery. Exercise is ok at 2 weeks. Avoid activity that might risk trauma to the nose for 4 weeks.
- Expect to be off work for 1 to 2 weeks depending on job demands.
- You will be seen in office following surgery at 1 week, 2 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months, and after as needed.
before and after The journey to transformation starts with honoring change
Our clients are our number one priority. Galanis Plastic Surgery treats each client with precision, delicacy, consideration, and compassion. That is why our transformations are transcending. Welcome to the Galanis Glow-Up.