Revision Breast Surgery
Revision breast surgery is a category-defining any breast surgery performed some time after an initial operation on the breast. The reasons for revision surgery are numerous (see below under “who is a candidate”). These surgeries are often very complex. Dr. Galanis’ extensive background in breast reconstruction uniquely qualifies him to take on some of the more challenging breast revision cases.
Who is a candidate
A Healthy, non-smoking (>1 month) patient:
Healthy patient with prior history of breast augmentation with:
- Significant capsular contracture
- Implant which has “bottomed out” or slipped too low
- Implant which has displaced laterally to the sides
- Symmastia (“una-boob”)
- Nipple malposition
- Implant rupture
- Desire to change the size
- Desire to remove the implant
- Age-related changes in the breast
Healthy patient with prior history of breast lift or breast reduction with:
- Displeasing scars
- Need for more size reduction
- Nipple malposition
- Persistent or recurrent “drooping” of the breast
The procedure may be performed under either IV or general anesthesia. The procedure includes the following:
IN MOST CASES, THE PRIOR INCISIONS MAY BE USED (NO NEW INCISIONS).
CAPSULE REMOVAL OR MODIFICATION (THE CAPSULE IS THE TISSUE THAT SURROUNDS THE IMPLANT AND HELPS TO DEFINE THE SHAPE OF THE BREAST AS
POSITION OF THE FORMER IMPLANT MAY BE UTILIZED AS WELL.
BREAST TISSUE/SKIN RESHAPING
- Outpatient surgery
- Results are immediate though breast size will continue to decrease over a period of 4 to 8 weeks after the surgery.
- Pain will vary. Oral pain medicine may be needed for 7 to 10 days.
- A compression bra will be provided and should be worn for 2 weeks. A sports bra may be worn beginning at 2 weeks. A wire bra may not be worn until at least 4 weeks postoperative.
- Drains are rarely placed and if they are they are typically removed in one week.
- All sutures are dissolvable.
- There are no restrictions on daily activity; patients are encouraged to walk. Patients may shower 2 days after surgery. No lifting more than 10 pounds for 2 weeks and patient may drive when narcotic pain medication is necessary. No strenuous activity or heavy lifting for f6 weeks.
- Expect to take 1 to 2 weeks off of work depending on job demands.
- You will be seen in office following surgery at 1 week, 2 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months, and after as needed.
before and after The journey to transformation starts with honoring change
Our clients are our number one priority. Galanis Plastic Surgery treats each client with precision, delicacy, consideration, and compassion. That is why our transformations are transcending. Welcome to the Galanis Glow-Up.