Originating in Europe and now the third most common cosmetic surgical procedure according to the American Society for Plastic Surgery, liposuction directly removes areas of local fat deposits using a thin suction instrument. It is most effective for localized areas of unwanted fat deposits which are resistant to diet and exercise. It does not address cellulite. Areas that can be addressed with this technique include the thighs, hips, buttocks, abdomen, upper arms, back, inner knee, chest, face and neck, as well as calves and ankles. It can be performed alone or in conjunction with other body contouring procedures such as facelift, tummy tuck, or breast reduction. The benefits can be long-lasting if not permanent.
Who Is A Candidate
- A Healthy, Non-smoking (>1 month) Patient
- A Patient displeased with the aged appearance of his or her face and neck as noted by
- A healthy patient with no significant medical problems.
- May be combined with other procedures.
- A patient displeased with local fat deposits in one or more of the following site:
- Upper arms
- Inner knee
MAY BE PERFORMED UNDER IV/CONSCIOUS SEDATION OR GENERAL ANESTHESIA
SMALL 1-2 CM INCISIONS ARE MADE IN INCONSPICUOUS AREAS
A SPECIAL “TUMESCENT” SOLUTION IS FIRST INJECTED INTO THE AREAS OF INTEREST FOR ADDED PAIN CONTROL AND TO LIMIT BLEEDING/BRUISING
SUCTION CANNULAE ARE USED TO DIRECTLY REMOVE FAT FROM TARGETED AREAS. LASER OR ULTRASOUND ASSISTANCE MAY ALSO BE USED TO ENHANCE FAT REMOVAL
- Outpatient surgery
- Results may take up to 3 to 6 months to fully reveal themselves, depending on the degree of liposuction; some benefits will appear immediately
- Pain will vary depending on the area and degree of liposuction. Oral pain medicine may be needed for 3 to 5 days
- A compression garment should be worn for 6 weeks postoperative
- No drains will be placed during this surgery
- All sutures are dissolvable
- There are no restrictions on daily activity; patients are encouraged to walk. Patients may shower the day after surgery. No lifting more than 10 pounds for 2 weeks and patient may drive when narcotic pain medication is necessary. Moderate exercise is permitted at 2 weeks; no overly strenuous activity or heavy lifting for four weeks
- The time off work will vary depending on the degree of the procedure, anywhere from 2 to 7 days
- You will be seen in office following surgery at 1 week, 2 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months, and 6 months as needed
before and after The journey to transformation starts with honoring change
Our clients are our number one priority. Galanis Plastic Surgery treats each client with precision, delicacy, consideration, and compassion. That is why our transformations are transcending. Welcome to the Galanis Glow-Up.