Botox and Fillers
For diminishing the lines and restoring shape and volume to an aging face, Botox and fillers are the go-to. As the aging process plays out, the fat under the skin in the areas around the eyes, lips and cheeks diminish, causing a thinner and hollowed look. With Botox, the injections relax the muscles in the affected area to improve the appearances of wrinkles and prevent future ones from forming. With fillers, the volume lost from the fat loss is replaced, giving the face a more youthful, refreshed and natural look. Botox and fillers provide patients with subtle improvements without having to resort to invasive surgical procedures. They are temporary and gradually subside over a few months.
Contact us to schedule your consultation today
Who Is A Candidate
Patient who has lost volume is specific areas of the face:
Patient unhappy with "tear through deformity"/dark circles under eye.
Patient dissatisfied with size or asymmetry of lips.
Patient with deep nosolabial folds (lines running from the side of the nostril to the side of the lips).
Patient with recessed scars.
Fillers are administered in the office setting with a small needle. Often numbing cream is applied before injecting facial fillers to minimize discomfort. The type and amount of filler injected vary based on the anatomy and the region of the face.
If you would like to learn more about fillers and if they are right for you, please fill out our contact form and we will be happy to assist you! Alternatively, you can call to schedule a consultation to see Dr. Galanis in Beverly Hills at 310-858-8930.
- Outpatient procedure performed in 15-30 minutes
- Result: immediate; bruising is rare with most fillers; bruising and swelling more common with lip injections but should resolve by 1-2 weeks. results should last 3 months to 2 years depending on filler used.
- Pain: variable but typically minimal; numbing cream may be used to minimize discomfort
- Activity/shower/driving restriction: avoid strenuous activity, alcohol consumption for 24 hours
- Time off work: may return immediately to work
- Follow-up: you will be seen in office 2 weeks after procedure